How Can I Help?
EmploymentSailing Instructor - paid training! If you are interested in one of this position and want more information, please contact us at email@example.com or (989) 922-7245.
Sailing Instructors must be certified by U.S. Sailing. The requirements for certification can be found on the U.S. Sailing web site.
2017 Summer Sailing Instructor Needed
If you love sailing and will be at least age 18, and have some free time next summer, you might be interested in applying for our sailing instructor position! We will need a daytime instructor for mid-June to mid-August, with the normal schedule being Monday-Thursday for 7-8 hours each day and 3-4 hours on most Tuesday evenings. Friday make up days and occasional evening hours are possible.
Know someone who would be an excellent candidate? Please share this opportunity with them!
To successfully carry out their duties, the Sailing Instructor will meet the following requirements and qualifications by the start of our lesson season:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have an up-to-date US Sailing Small Boat I Instructor certification*;
- Have up-to-date Adult First Aid and CPR certifications*;
- Have successfully completed a Michigan Boating Safety course*;
- Able to swim 50 yards both with and without a life jacket;
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds;
- Be an experienced sailor, preferably with some small boat sailing experience;
- Be able to independently rig, launch, and retrieve small sailboats;
- Be physically able to right a capsized sailboat;
- Be experienced with independently starting, operating, and maintaining a small outboard powered boat. *Reimbursement available, contact the Executive Director for more information.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 989-922-7245.
Employment FormsSBCSA Employment Application
Sailing Program Manager Job Description
Sailing Instructor Job Description
Sailing Assistant Job Description
This page is maintained by the Saginaw Bay Community Sailing Association. Copyright ©
Send comments or suggestions about this page to the email@example.com.